Monday, September 16, 2013

Fulfill my vision

My son lives in Santa Cruz and was getting married in August.  I was in charge of the rehearsal dinner.  I didn't start looking for venue until the end of May.  I was panicking because I wasn't having any luck on such short notice.  Reluctantly, I decided to have the dinner at the house I was renting on the beach.  A house I had never seen.  I searched the Internet and found Chef Mark's website.  Afraid that I would come up against another, "no, we can't help you on such short notice", I called Mark with my fingers crossed hoping he would be my Hero.  My needs were a little more complicated than just needing some food on a specific date.  I also needed a menu for my vegetarian and gluten free guest, as well as, a satisfying selection for my meat eaters.  Did I mention, to top it off, I hadn't seen the house I was renting except in pictures?  In steps my Hero.

Not only was his fresh menu ideas not your typical catered affair food; he went to the house to view it for me to make sure it would accommodate 25 people.  He also, transformed the house to fulfill my vision of a casual, yet elegant indoor barbecue!

He met me at the house when I got to town to assure me he had everything under control.  That evening when we came back from the wedding rehearsal, his staff had transformed the great room into a beautiful dining room with white lines, glass ware, china  and the gorgeous flower arrangement's I chose for  the tables.  All overlooking the ocean view.  The staff started by walking around offering appetizers and ran the show all evening, including pouring the champagne for the toast at the end of the night.  Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful everything looked.

Mark took what could have been a very stressful situation for this out of state, Mother of the Groom, and made me look like a rock star!  I have been raving about the Affordable Chef to everyone who has asked about the wedding.  I attend catered events frequently in my line of work.  Mark's food and service were one of the best I've had.  THANK YOU AFFORDABLE CHEF!  You customer service skills are exemplary and it's proof you love what you do!

No comments: